- Q - I think I'd like to join, but I can't play the pipes or drums?
- A - Don't worry, we'll teach you!
- Q - Is there a charge for lessons?
A - No, but we'd like you to commit to 2 years' service.
- Q - Are uniforms provided?
- A - Uniforms are provided at no cost to playing members.
- Q - Are instruments provided?
- A - Yes.
- Q - Do I have to supply any equipment?
- A - Apart from your time & shoes, very little.
- Q - Do I have to live in the Town of Innisfil to join?
- A - No.
- Q - I see the band is connected with a Legion Branch. Do I have to be a
member of the Royal Canadian Legion?
- A - The band practice's at the Legion; and operates totally on its own.
- Q - I already play, are there auditions?
- A - No auditions required.
- Q - Does this band play only in competitions?
- A - No. This is a non-competitive band - we play for fun.
Q - About how many engagements per year?
A - About 25-30 performances.
Q - Is there much travel involved?
A - Most parades are within an hour's drive, many members car pool.
Q - When was the band formed?
A - October 1977.
Link...Read more about the band's history...
Q - What is the tartan called?
A - Black Stewart.
Q - Why was Black Stewart chosen?
A - We had looked at various tartans and choose not to go with the popular Royal Stewart.
Q - When, where and at what time does the band practice?
A - Royal Canadian Legion, Branch 547, at Robinson & Ewart St. in Belle Ewart (Innisfil). Thursday nights, 7:00pm to 9:00pm